- Friday and Balsam Cap – June 12, 2016 - Connie and Ed led a mixed group of Catskill 3500 Club aspirants and ADK members to these two “bushwhack” summits. The day started out quite warm in the morning but got progressively cooler and windier, especially at the summits where temperatures were in the 40’s when we got there.
- Trail Maintenance on Big Slide Mtn with Long Island ADK – May 26, 2016 - We participated in a day doing trail maintenance work on the Brothers Trail on Big Slide Mountain. The Long Island Chapter of the Adirondack Mountain Club adopted this trail decades ago and has been organizing annual work trips ever since. The results of their efforts are obvious when you hike this well maintained trail with spectacular […]
- Olderbark and Plateau Mountain Bushwhack – November 8, 2015 - MountainSister3, Nimblefoot and I bushwhacked Olderbark Mountain and Plateau from the southern end of the Mink Hollow Trail. When we arrived at the trailhead parking there were a couple of other vehicles present, perhaps belonging to hunters. We followed the trail for just a short distance from the parking area. A little past the “dollhouse” […]
- Hunter Mountain Firetower – March 21, 2015 - We led a small group to the Hunter Mountain fire tower on the last day of calendar winter. For M, this counted towards his winter 3500 list. It was a beautiful day for a hike, sunny at times, cloudy at others, but always clear enough for great views from the rime encrusted tower.
- Balsam Cap and a Winter 3500 Finish on Rocky – March 15, 2015 - We hiked Rocky via the slightly less traditional route of an out and back from Moon Haw Road. Passing over Balsam Cap in both directions was a nice addition, but Rocky was the prime objective for this hike because it was G’s 35th for her winter round.
- North Dome and Sherrill – March 7, 2015 - Our group of 6 bushwhacked North Dome and Sherrill mountains on a late winter day that featured a mix of sunshine and occasional flurries. The deep snow allowed for plenty of horseplay glissading down the snowshoe track that we repacked.
- Windham High Peak – January 31, 2015 - We hiked Windham High Peak on a sub-zero day. Fortunately it was very sunny with a nice snowshoe track and beautiful views. For D, it was his first winter high peak.