The Catskills are like home to us. We hike in all seasons, to all of the 3500 footers, to many other parts of the Catskill Park, in moonlight, to viewpoints and fire towers, overnight backpacks deep in the wilderness or relaxing walks near peaceful reachable streams.
We love to bushwhack, and especially enjoy the thrill of navigating with a map and compass. One of our joys is instructing you how to navigate in the back country while guiding you to some of the more remote trail-less peaks on the Catskill 3500 list, such as Lone and Rocky.
We can customize almost any itinerary for you or your group. Below are some of our Catskill experiences:
- Catskill 3500 summits series. We can help guide you to all 35 of the required peaks for Catskill 3500 Club membership summer or winter.
- Full moon hikes. These are fun experiences, usually easy to moderate in difficulty, sometimes combined with other activities such as visits to fire towers or meals. Occasionally we will schedule a backpacking trip to coincide with the full moon.
- There are five fire towers in the Catskills that you must climb to in order to earn the Fire Tower patch sponsored by the Catskill Center. These are modest climbs to spectacular views that can be enjoyed by families and other groups.
- We can also craft a Fire Tower or other hiking experience that matches a variety of objectives, be they a romantic spot for an important question, a social hike before a wedding, a corporate outing, yoga hikes, etc.
- Famous Catskill trails – day hikes and back packs along the Devil’s Path, Escarpment Trail, and Long Path. Prices for a typical 3 day backpack of the Devil’s Path range from $650 per person for a group of 2 to $400 per person for a group of 4 (meals included). Slightly larger groups can be accommodated.
- From time to time we will schedule “open enrollment” hikes to various summits and destinations. Day rates for the Catskills are $125 per person. Some routes will be more difficult than others and are only open to hikers in appropriate physical shape. We can discuss this with you when you register. Open enrollment experiences will be posted on our Upcoming Trips page and our blog.
- Our standard guide rates apply for all customized day hikes for individuals and groups. Multi-day trips will vary depending on the length of the trip and the accommodations. We tend to limit most groups sizes to fewer people than would otherwise be allowed by New York State to maximize the quality and safety of your experience.