We’ve got a great set of hikes lined up for the 2023 installment of the Catskill high peaks social series. Each month, usually on a Thursday, we meet for a guided hike of one or more of the Catskill high peaks that are required for 3500 Club membership. This year’s hikes include a selection of moderate and more difficult hikes.
The 2023 planned Catskill high peak group social hikes are listed below. Click the links for more information about the hikes and how to register. Please read the hike descriptions and gear requirements before registering. There is no charge for these hikes but you will need to sign the typical liability waivers.
- Friday February 10 – Balsam and Eagle Mountain See Photos
- Thursday March 16 – Blackhead Range See Photos
- Thursday May 18 – Panther Mountain See Photos
- Thursday June 8 – Bearpen and Vly Mountain See Photos
- Thursday July 6 – Indian Head and Twin Mountain
- Thursday August 10 – Fir and Big Indian Mountain
- Thursday September 14 – Blackhead Range
- Thursday October 12 – Balsam Lake Mountain and Millbrook Ridge
- Thursday November 16 – Wittenberg and Cornell Mountain
- Thursday December 7 – Plateau Mountain
- Friday December 8 – Balsam Lake Mountain and Millbrook Ridge
Hike with a Guide
This is a great chance to hike with a guide and meet fellow Catskill hiking enthusiasts. Along the way we’ll learn about the history, geology and plant life of the Catskills as well as some basic navigation skills.
Get Introduced to Local Hiking Clubs
Many of these hikes are also being offered to Adirondack Mountain Club and Catskill 3500 Club Members. Both are non-profit hiking clubs that do great work in New York State and I’m a proud member of both organizations. The Catskill 3500 Club awards a patch and membership to hikers who summit all 35 of the Catskill high peaks plus four more that have to be hiked twice with at least one of the hikes during the winter. It’s a lot of fun and a great motivator. You can find more information about the Catskill 3500 Club on their website:
I hope you’ll be able to join for one or more of these hikes. Drop me a note with any questions via the contact form or use the phone number or email listed on the contact form. You can also use the contact form to join the mailing list for our “HerdPath” newsletter: