The Health History and Liability Release forms must be completed by all trip participants.
Waiver and Liability Release Form
CANCELLATION, REFUND and SAFETY POLICIES
*** COVID UPDATE: Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, we recognize the impact of uncertainty on all of us and will give 100% credit for Overnight Backpack cancellations 1 – 4 days before a trip. Refunds may be given if the cancellation is related to COVID-19.
See our Refund policy for additional details.
Weather and Safety
- Most day hikes and backpacks will go on as planned if there is a forecast of moderate rain or snow.
- Eastern Outdoor Experiences may cancel a trip due to a forecast of severe weather or other anticipated dangerous conditions. If this happens, you will be notified at least 12 hours before the scheduled trip and will be given full credit towards a future trip.
- Eastern Outdoor Experiences may modify the itinerary or duration of an in-progress trip due to severe weather or other adverse conditions. No refund or credit will be given.
- Unruly or uncooperative participants posing a danger to the trip leader, other participants, or to themselves may be removed from the trip at the discretion of the trip leader. There will be no refunds or credits given to the removed participant.
- Eastern Outdoor Experiences is not responsible for any participant expenses, including airline tickets or other travel to the trip meeting location, meals not included in a trip, etc.
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
- Participants must not attend the trip if any of the following apply:
- Close contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 in the 14 days prior to start of the trip unless subsequently having a negative Covid-19 test.
- If sick or have Covid-19
- Trip participants must maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from others at all times (“social distancing”).
- Participants must have a mask readily available and must wear it when 6-foot social distancing cannot be maintained. Masks should be worn at the meeting place at the start of the trip.
- Sneezing and coughing happens, even in people who are neither ill nor infected. You must cover your mouth when sneezing. If practical, sneezing and coughing should be done at least 30 feet away from the rest of the group and gear, but only if it is safe to retreat to such a distance.
- Participants must be prepared to carry used tissues, bandanas, etc for the duration of a trip (including both reusable and disposable items) until they can be properly disposed of or brought home. Leave No Trace principles are followed on all of our trips. We recommend carrying a small ziplock bag to contain used materials.
- Participants must bring and use hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol. Wash facilities are generally not available so this is especially important in the backcountry.
- Participants must notify the guide / leader immediately if they become ill during a trip.
- Participants must clean their own dishware and cutlery after use, even if they are borrowed gear.
- Shared cooking equipment will be cleaned by the guides and group gear such as tents will be cleaned and aired for 72 hours between trips.
- Refunds or credit will be given for cancellations related to COVID-19.
See our refund policies for more information.
- Participants must read and sign “Eastern Outdoor Experiences Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19” prior to a trip.
Please read this carefully.