Biography – Ed Moran
Ed is a long time outdoor guide and trip organizer. He prides himself on organizing safe but challenging and rewarding experiences that likewise match the goals and abilities of his clients. Every day is different; Ed is equally at home on easy hikes, or off trail navigating on a dense scrambly mountainside.
From fun social backpacking for novices to advanced navigation and multi-day trips in the back country, his goal is to teach while insuring an enjoyable experience that clients will want to repeat. Through many years of guiding experience Ed has developed a keen sense of how to challenge and excite outdoor enthusiasts of different abilities and aspirations.
Ed is a New York State licensed outdoor guide, a certified Wilderness First Responder, and serves as the Region 1 Director for the New York State Outdoor Guides Association. He is a member of the Catskill Mountain Search and Rescue team (CMSAR), a BSA Scoutmaster and has held positions ranging from Programs Chair to President of his Adirondack Mountain Club chapter.
Ed has been hiking and camping in the forests of the northeast for over 25 years. He is an Adirondack 46er, a Catskill 3500 member and a member of 4000 footer club of the White Mountains. He has hiked all 35 of the Catskill Mountain high peaks in both summer and winter many times, including on-trail and bushwhack routes. In the White Mountains of New Hampshire, Ed has hiked 4000 foot peaks over 100 times and leads groups on multi-day adventures. Ed loves the outdoors and therefore can often be found exploring and enjoying the same wonderful places when not guiding.
- NYSDEC Licensed Guide #7568
- WMA certified Wilderness First Responder
- BLS CPR
- Safe Swim Defense
- ASHI Wilderness First Aid, CPR/AED
- NASAR Wilderness First Aid
- NASAR Wilderness First Responder
- New York State Outdoor Guides Association (NYSOGA) – Region 1 Director
- Catskill Mountain Search and Rescue (CMSAR)
- BSA Scoutmaster
- Adirondack Forty-Sixers (#11655)
- Catskill 3500 Club (#2007/950W)
- AMC Four Thousand Footer Club (2014)
- Adirondack Mountain Club
- Appalachian Mountain Club
- New York New Jersey Trail Conference
- Long Island Greenbelt Trail Conference