From Moosilauke to Moriah, from Whiteface to Waumbek (and Cabot) we love the New Hampshire Whites! With over 25 years of experiences in the Whites, we are familiar with all of the major peaks as well as a wide variety of fun activities in the valley’s. We will happily customize and guide an experience for you or your group.
There are so many great routes; below are just a few examples of some of our favorite White Mountain hiking experiences.
Explore Franconia Notch
5 Days/4 nights of day hiking the summits and exploring in and around Franconia Notch, one of the premier destination areas of the White Mountains. Here is a sample itinerary from a recent trip:
- Three full days of challenging hiking with an experienced guide: The famous Franconia Loop, The Kinsman Range, Mount Liberty and Mount Flume.
- Two partial days of shorter hikes or touring the wonders of Franconia Notch
- Rates start at $1400 per person for groups of 2, $900 per person for groups of groups of 4. Includes dormitory style bedding and great meals prepared by your guide.
- Contact us to customize your trip including itinerary, accommodations and group size.
Traverse the southern Presidential Range and Mount Washington
Hike the five 4000 foot peaks of the southern Presidential range, including the highest of them all, 6288 foot Mount Washington. Along the way experience endless alpine vistas and see rare alpine plants while sleeping and being served full meals in mountain huts.
A typical itinerary includes:
- Day 1: Arrive at the AMC Highland Center. There may be time for a short hike or interpretive walk before or after dinner.
- Day 2: We start out on the famous Crawford Path, the oldest continuously used trail in the northeast and hike to the Mizpah Spring hut where we will spend the night. There will be plenty of time after lunch at the hut for a side hike to the beautiful bare rock summit of Mt Jackson, the southernmost of the 4000 footers in the Presidential Range. On a clear day, the sweeping views north along the ridge (our route for the following day) are among our favorites in the Whites.
- Day 3: After a hearty breakfast at the hut, we will hike the ridge over Mounts Pierce, Eisenhower, and Monroe to the high alpine Lakes of the Clouds hut. Most of the hiking this day will be above timberline on the exposed ridge with sweeping views. At an elevation over 5000 feet situated above timberline next to the towering summit cone of Mt Washington, the Lakes of the Clouds hut is a spectacular place to stay. The lakes themselves, small alpine tarns formed by glaciers, are quite beautiful.
- Day 4: We will climb to the summit of Mount Washington and explore the summit buildings before hiking back to the valley where we will spend our last night
- Day 5:After breakfast, we can take an optional short hike, tour or do some shopping in the valley before heading home.
- Rates are $1700 per person for groups of 2, $1200 per person for groups of groups of 4, and $1000 per person for groups of 6. Includes 4 full breakfasts and 4 full dinners.
- Due to the popularity of the accommodations, these trips need to be planned well in advance. Contact us to help plan the specifics of your trip
Pemigewasset Wilderness / The Bonds