Start the New Year off right with fresh air, exercise for your body and renewal for your mind and spirit with guided hiking on Long Island. From hills to beaches, easy to rough terrain, historical sites and great after hike refreshments, Long Island has it all for a perfect day getaway.
I’ll share my experience and joy for hiking these woods and arrange a fun filled day that will refresh you and get you home in time for weekend night activities.
Your day will include:
- Hiking in one of the many beautiful places on Long Island. I’ll arrange the hiking venue or can accommodate your specific request.
- A fully guided experience with a knowledgeable local expert.
- Assistance with your transportation plans
- Post hike stop at a local eatery (food and drink not included).
- Cost $80 pp, $300 for a private group of 4.
Contact Ed Moran to schedule or for more information
Winter weather varies from dry chilly conditions to deep snow. We go with the flow and enjoy everything that winter has to offer. If there is sufficient snow cover we will snowshoe.
When conditions are right, we can plan a cross country skiing adventure. We ski often and know some of the best places to go for novices or intermediates. You must have your own ski equipment.
*We also arrange day trips to the lower Hudson Valley and Catskills. Contact Ed to schedule.
What to Bring, What to Wear
Weather and trail conditions will vary, but we will advise you before a hike of any special requirements. Please refer to our detailed gear list for typical gear requirements. Important basics include the following:
- Warm hat and gloves
- Relatively thin insulating layers (fleece, down, or synthetics).
- A waterproof and windproof jacket
- 2 quarts of water
- Extra food
Benefits of Hiking
- Great exercise
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Great social activity
Places We Hike
We hike in a variety of beautiful places including state land, state, county, local, and private parks and preserves. Whenever practical, we like to vary the route and take the path less taken. Some examples of hikes we offer include:
- “The Other Sunken Meadow”
- Smithtown Sampler (10 miles hiking three lesser known properties).