We’re continuing the popular tradition in 2021 of monthly Catskill “social” hikes. The turnout in 2020 was tremendous with registrations for hikes filling up well in advance. Each month on a Thursday we meet for a guided hike of one or more of the Catskill 3500 peaks. Although we’ve tried to keep things relatively simple, most of these hikes have some challenging sections.
Hike with a Guide
This is a great chance to hike with a guide and meet fellow Catskill hiking enthusiasts. Along the way we’ll learn about the history, geology and plant life of the Catskills as well as some basic navigation skills.
Get Introduced to Local Hiking Clubs
Many of these hikes are also being offered to Adirondack Mountain Club and Catskill 3500 Club Members. Both are non-profit hiking clubs that do great work in New York State and I’m a proud member of both organizations. The Catskill 3500 Club awards a patch and membership to hikers who summit all 35 of the Catskill high peaks plus four more that have to be hiked twice with at least one of the hikes during the winter. It’s a lot of fun and a great motivator. You can find more information about the Catskill 3500 Club on their website:
2021 Catskill Social Series Schedule
Below is the list of Thursday Catskill group social hikes scheduled for 2021. Click the links for more information about the hikes and how to register. Please read the hike descriptions and gear requirements before registering. There is no charge for these hikes but you will need to sign the typical liability waivers.
- Thursday January 7 – Kaaterskill High Peak – PHOTO ALBUM
- Thursday February 18 – Windham High Peak
- Thursday March 11 – Balsam Mountain (meets winter requirement) – PHOTO ALBUM
- Thursday April 8 – Westkill Mountain
- Thursday May 6 – Blackhead Range (3 peaks)
- Thursday June 10 – Panther Mountain
- Thursday July 8 – Indian Head and Twin Mountains
- Thursday August 12 – Balsam Lake Mountain
- Thursday September 16 – Balsam and Eagle Mountains
- Thursday October 14 – Plateau Mountain
- Thursday November 18 – Slide Mountain
- Thursday December 9 – Halcott Mountain
I hope you’ll be able to join for one or more of these hikes. Drop me a note with any questions via the contact form or use the phone number or email listed on the contact form. You can also use the contact form to join the mailing list for our “HerdPath” newsletter: