We’re continuing the popular tradition in 2022 of monthly Catskill “social” hikes. The turnout in previous years has been tremendous with registrations for hikes filling up well in advance. Each month on a Thursday we meet for a guided hike of one or more of the Catskill 3500 peaks. Although we’ve tried to keep things relatively simple, most of these hikes have some challenging sections.
Below is the list of Thursday Catskill group social hikes scheduled for 2022. Click the links for more information about the hikes and how to register. Please read the hike descriptions and gear requirements before registering. There is no charge for these hikes but you will need to sign the typical liability waivers.
- Thursday January 6 – Twin Mountain See Photos
- Thursday February 10 – Panther Mountain See Photos
- Thursday March 10 – Blackhead Range See Photos
- Thursday April 7 – Rusk Mountain
- Thursday May 5 – Table and Peekamoose See Photos
- Thursday June 9 – Balsam Lake Mountain See Photos
- Thursday July 7 – Kaaterskill High Peak See Photos
- Thursday August 11 – Windham High Peak See Photos
- Thursday September 15 – Big Indian Mountain See Photos
- Thursday October 13 – Westkill Mountain
- Thursday November 10 – Balsam Lake Mountain
- Thursday December 8 – Rusk and Hunter Mountain
Hike with a Guide
This is a great chance to hike with a guide and meet fellow Catskill hiking enthusiasts. Along the way we’ll learn about the history, geology and plant life of the Catskills as well as some basic navigation skills.
Get Introduced to Local Hiking Clubs
Many of these hikes are also being offered to Adirondack Mountain Club and Catskill 3500 Club Members. Both are non-profit hiking clubs that do great work in New York State and I’m a proud member of both organizations. The Catskill 3500 Club awards a patch and membership to hikers who summit all 35 of the Catskill high peaks plus four more that have to be hiked twice with at least one of the hikes during the winter. It’s a lot of fun and a great motivator. You can find more information about the Catskill 3500 Club on their website:
I hope you’ll be able to join for one or more of these hikes. Drop me a note with any questions via the contact form or use the phone number or email listed on the contact form. You can also use the contact form to join the mailing list for our “HerdPath” newsletter: