Join us for some or all of the monthly hikes in our series of free Catskill hikes. Each month on a Thursday we’ll meet for a guided hike of one or more of the Catskill 3500 peaks. Although we’ve tried to keep things relatively simple, most of these hikes have some challenging sections.
This is a great chance to hike with a guide and meet fellow Catskill hiking enthusiasts.
* We’ve had to cancel some hikes and group sizes are being reduced due to COVID-19 so check back for updates.
Perhaps you’ll even become a Catskill 3500 Club aspirant. Membership in the club is granted when an aspirant has completed 39 peaks, including all 35 of the Catskill 3500 footers in any season and 4 of them that have to be hiked twice with at least one of the hikes during the winter. It’s a lot of fun and a great motivator. You can find more information about the Catskill 3500 Club on their website:
Along the way we’ll learn about the history, geology and plant life of the Catskills as well as some basic navigation skills. I hope you’ll be able to join for one or more of these hikes. Drop me a note with any questions via the contact form or the phone number or email listed on the contact form:
Below is the list of Thursday Catskill group hikes for 2020. Click the links for more information about the hikes and how to register. There is no charge for these hikes but you will need to sign the typical liability waivers. These hikes are also being offered to Adirondack Mountain Club and Catskill 3500 Club Members as post quarantine conditions and guidance permit. Both are non-profit hiking clubs that do great work in New York State and I’m a proud member of both organizations.
- Thursday January 9 – Blackhead Range – PHOTO ALBUM
- Thursday March 12 – Friday and Balsam Cap Mountains – Intro to bushwhacking – PHOTO ALBUM
- Thursday July 9 – Balsam Cap (and Friday) – PHOTO ALBUM
- Thursday August 13 – Black Dome, Blackhead and Thomas Cole – PHOTO ALBUM
- Thursday September 17 – Balsam Lake Mountain and Graham – PHOTO ALBUM
- Thursday October 15 – Southwest Hunter Mountain – PHOTO ALBUM
- Thursday November 12 – Halcott Mountain – PHOTO ALBUM
- Thursday December 10 – Bearpen and Vly – PHOTO ALBUM
We offer a full range of Catskill guided activities:
Submit your review